Friday, January 25, 2008

Thank you Mr. Postman

Yep, some of the best things show up in the mail. And today's delivery was a doozy! I have a really tiny mailbox, so packages get left on the front step along with the doorbell ringing. And no, he doesn't ring twice (matter of fact, sometimes he doesn't ring at all -- ugh). Luckily this time, he did ring. I figured it was a birthday package of some sort. (hey, a girl can hope right?) I was wrong -- but oooh, I so don't mind!


Instead of birthday goodies, I got my Four Seasons Quilt Swap package from Janey at SewStylish. Already! (oh man do I need to finish mine this weekend) Just look at the beautiful quilt she sent. I LOVE the pattern and the fabrics. The picture doesn't show it but the white snowflakes and binding have a "sequin" shimmer in them that really looks like snow falling. I just love it! (so does Ms. Tinkerbell -- she decided it was for her and has been trying to cuddle up under it all night. The kid's got taste, but we need to have a talk about MOMMY'S stuff versus her stuff.)


And just look at the quilting in it -- the meandering in the mitten blocks includes, well, mittens. How freaking cute is that? This just proves that I have GOT to practice machine quilting. I wanna be able to do this. Heck, I'd be happy if I could do a decent meander -- but this? Way too cute!



And, as if the super cute quilt wasn't enough -- I also got spoiled with some other goodies. Two adorable fat quarters (I am seriously getting ideas about those fish -- especially since the bubble fabric that came with it would make really cool "fish bubbles" -- hmmn), a knitted bag, a set of quilt hangers, and some yummy looking chocolate and coffee candies. I may need to hide the candy from my husband though -- he does love coffee. Ah well, I've been spoiled enough that I can share. I guess. :0)


Thank you so much Janey -- I absolutely love everything you sent. And my quilt (once I can wrest it from the hands of my little one) will be going up on the wall as soon as possible! Wooo Hooo -- this is turning out to be a GREAT birthday week!


Now, it's off to bed for me. I've got my own quilt to finish as well as a couple of other projects in the works -- if I'm going to get anything done I had better get some rest!

24 comments:

Helen said...

Oh wow Atet! What a lovely quilt, love the colours and isn't the quilting divine, that meandering.... *sigh* Happy Birthday!

Meredith said...

that is a lovely quilt. I too wish I could machine quilt like that. Enjoy your other goodies.

Felicia said...

That quilt is stunning. And the blue color really is perfect for those mittens :) Beautiful mail is the best.

~Bren~ said...

Gorgeous!!! What a darling quilting pattern too. And since it is 12 below here this morning, I am sure it is fitting....

Lisa D. said...

You LUCKY, LUCKY girl! Wow, that quilt couldn't be cuter! And the fun goodies, too. Love the fish fabric and the bubbles. Enjoy your new, fun stuff!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the compliments I'm so glad you like it. The little knitted bag is perfect for a water bottle of any kind so you and miss tinkerbell may have another tug a war coming.hehe.

Unknown said...

Happy belated Birthday Angela! What a nice surprise to receive the 4SSQ near that day. The quilt is really cute (I would not have minded receiving it myself!) but the one you are making is looking very good too and has some stitchery? I love stitchery!
Do you happen to be sending your quilt over a big ocean per chance? LOL Take care.

Nicole said...

Happy birthday! Didn't you love all those fun goodies you got in the mail!!??

Libby said...

What a great little quilt . . . the meander design couldn't be more perfect *s*

YankeeQuilter said...

What a great surprise! Love the pattern.

Anonymous said...

This is sooooo cute! I love the meander.

Greenmare said...

oooooooo you lucky lucky girl!!!! What a GREAT snow quilt! and chocolate coffee candy? I'm sooooo there!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

What great gifts and that quilt is adorable!!!!! Love the mittens quilted on it.

Karyn said...

Wow, that was a VERY good mail day! That quilt is absolutely adorable!

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

OOH, ooh...am I off the list!!! I have missed your birthday, I miss a couple of days checking in...darn!!
Happy Birthday from me, your winter quilt looks great and I like the one you received as well...and your other mail!! Keep having a good birthday week! Shall we call the address book early birthday ..or late Christmas!! Tracey

Vicky said...

Love your winter quilt! And all the other goodies! Lucky you. And happy birthday!!

Lisa said...

Looks great! I got to see the quilt in person (didn't want to spoil the secret). Janey belongs to a little friendship group that I am in. Loved the quilting! Lucky you!!!

Heleen said...

Gorgeous,you lucky girl! Enjoy it.

Magpie Sue said...

Oooo, lucky you! What a wonderful quilt! I know the one you're working on will be wonderful too, just in a different way. Now, get back to that needle!

corry said...

Lovely quilt....and wonderful goodies, Your so lucky!

Nan said...

What a pretty, pretty quilt, and the quilting is wonderful! I'm so glad you took photo of that! I'm with you - I have to practice my machine quilting. Everything else you received is awesome, too! You are a lucky girl, indeed!

Mom said...

and she did appologize for not making the quilt the specified size, but I didnt think you'd mind!

Austysmum said...

Aaaawww!! That little quilt is soooooooooo cute!!!

Rose Marie said...

As soon as I saw your swap quilt, I thought how both you and your wee girl will love looking at it. Then I had a chuckle when you wrote that she wanted it for herself. It's a sweet quilt and you are very lucky.