Monday, January 21, 2008

Breakfast of Champions

Or, well, ok, so maybe not of champions. I'm sure champions actually eat a very healthy and nutritious breakfast. How about "breakfast of birthday celebrants"? Hmmm...not the same ring to it. But it's my birthday -- so I enjoyed every single bite! Even more so since I wasn't expecting it when my mil brought the cake to dinner last night! (and hey -- it has apricot jam in between the layers -- that's FRUIT, see, healthy! We shall simply ignore the sponge cake and home made butter cream frosting shall we?)

No major plans for the day today -- I think I'm going to spend the day communing with some fabric for a deadline that is approaching. I may even get to quilting a swap I finally finished the top for this weekend. I'd show a photo of the top, but I need the ok from a certain someone who is currently cruising the Caribbean. Hmmnph. Maybe I should show it anyway just to make up for the fact that I'm here in the frozen tundra (previously known as the cornfields) while she's enjoying balmy temperatures. Nah -- I'll wait!

And before I go off to enjoy a day spent communing with my sewing machine and fabrics (Miss Tink is safely at daycare after two days of being cooped up in a small house due to dangerously cold weather outside -- Mommy needs a day to herself!), I want to say thank you to Tracey, Kairle, and Gwen who all nominated me for a "You Make My Day" Award. Since all three ladies regularly make MY day -- well, it's just plain sweet. I'm supposed to choose ten other blogs who make my day to pass this along to -- but, well, there is a reason I have a lot of fabrics in my stash. I just can't choose! (between two different fabrics? Um, how about a little bit of BOTH?!?). So, I'm going to cop out here -- if I've read your blog and commented, if you've commented on my blog, please know you've made my day!

Ok, I'm off to enjoy some quiet sewing time -- or, well, possibly not so quiet since I plan on blasting some rock-n-roll on my ipod. Who says 36 year olds are grown ups? Not me!!!!

29 comments:

Yvonne said...

Oh boy....I get to be the first to wish you a Very Happy Birthday!!!! I hope you have a wonderful day filled with lots of happy wishes. :)

Kim West said...

Happy Happy Birthday

Sandra Evertson said...

Cute, looks like a great breakfast to me!
Sandra Evertson

Carolyn said...

Happy Birthday! I hope it's everything you dream of!

Pat said...

Happy Birthday! I hope that you have a great day. That cake looks delish!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Angela, now as someone said on my blog today, I couldn't have chosen better for myself.......lol......

allie aller said...

Angela, that looks like a championship breakfast for sure.

Happy Birthday!!! 36, is it? Enjoy your youth, my sweet!

Libby said...

I think birthday cake for breakfast is the best of all worlds - a great way to kick of the day *s* Happy Birthday *s*

Sherry said...

Happy Birthday! The cake your MIL brought you looks so yummy. Hope you enjoyed your day with your sewing machine & fabrics. Best wishes.

Mama Spark said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you get to do something you want to do today! he Gotta list will always be there!

Kristin L said...

Happy Birthday! Enjoy your day in whatever way you can/want!!

sewprimitive karen said...

Looks like the perfect birthday breakfast, yummy.

Anonymous said...

happy birthday!!!

nothing wrong with 'fruit' and 'carbs' and 'proteine' for breakfast... I think it's very well balanced!!!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Happy Birthday to you! Enjoy.

Tazzie said...

Happy Birthday Angela, looks like a perfectly balanced breakfast to me. More than one food group there ... you've got your dairy ... your carbohydrates ... should I go on?
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Felicia said...

LOL Your breakfast looks as tasty as mine :)

Samantha said...

Happy birthday! I approve of the breakfast!

Laurie Ann said...

Happy Birthday!! That cake does look yummy!

Lisa D. said...

Happy belated birthday, my friend. You are completely within your rights to have cake or whatever ELSE you might want for breakfast! Have a fun birthday/birthweek/birthmonth!

Emily Cole said...

Happy Birthday late! I love improvised breakfasts! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'm sure I'll get used to the dpns someday! Em

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday! Birthday cake is good any time of the day!!! Hope you got some good crafty goodies too!

Cheryl Arkison said...

I'm coming over for cake! Happy Birthday!

Magpie Sue said...

Well, I'm a day late (and probably a dollar short as well) but Happy Birthday anyway! Hope you had a great day :- ) [And have a great year!]

QuiltingFitzy said...

Happy Birthday!

Hope your day was EVER so happy!

Carole said...

Happy Bithday!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to ya!!! And I would eat that cake for breakfast too. If you would send me some that is. LOL

Kate North said...

happy belated - that'll teach me not to check in for a day or two!

Nan said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! I am behind in my bloggy reading, as usual! I agree the cake is good for breakfast, since it has apricot jam in it - even if it didn't, I would've had it for breakfast anyhow!
Congratulations on the award! I agree with the 3 ladies who nominated you - you definitely make my day whenever I spend time with you in the cornfields.

Holly said...

Angela, I missed your birthday! So here's wishing you a very belated birthday. Sounds like it was a happy one with just the right presents and that cake looks scrumptious. Looking forward to seeing more of your birthday shopping.