Thursday, November 8, 2007

Pay It Forward

I know, I'm a bit behind the times here. I've seen this going around the blogosphere for the last several months. But every time I saw someone post it -- it seemed I was always the 4th person to read and/or so far down the line it wasn't even funny. Now -- looks like my luck has changed. The lovely Kristin L. (rocking cool crafty artsy chica mama that she is) has decided to play along as well. AND I managed to make a comment in enough time to be able to sign up. Wooo Hooo!!!

So, for those of you who haven't read it before or have no idea what I'm talking about here is the original meme/invitation:

“I will send a handmade gift to the first 3 people who leave a comment on my blog requesting to join this PIF exchange. I don’t know what that gift will be yet and you may not receive it tomorrow or next week, but you will receive it within 365 days, that is my promise! The only thing you have to do in return is pay it forward by making the same promise on your blog.”

Obviously, there is one little catch -- you must have a blog in order to pay it forward yourself. I wish there were a way to make the offer to some of you who have kindly commented here and don't have blogs of your own -- but this one is going to have to be limited to those who have blogs. Stay tuned for something soon that will be open to anyone.

As for what I may send -- I have NO idea. Probably something made out of fabric, though knitted stuff is not out of the question as well, and then there are embroideries too -- oh the possibilities. I also will try my best to get these out sooner rather than later -- but, the only promise I will make is that in the invitation -- within the next calendar year. Oh, and the photo of the yoyo's -- um, not sure the eventual PIF items will contain them, just needed a photo for today so I raided a past blog post!

And on the current crafting front -- I have a ton going on right now. Lots of stuff on my work surface, some new patterns to play with, some sightings of the aprons I put together at market (last photo from the bottom of the post on the right, the mannequin with the aprons on it? The adult sized one is one I made -- and yep, that's the Lakehouse booth -- silly that I'm excited by this right?), and a package from Australia that came in the mail today with more goodies. But, the only photos I've taken in the past two days are of the applesauce I made yesterday. And I don't think you're all that interested in my culinary experiments sooooo -- I'll post more about what's going on later (I'd say tomorrow, but it may just be later today).

4 comments:

Marla said...

So I am the yo yo queen. I love making the things. I've just never really done anything with them. While on a shopping spree, I bought the silly yo-yo maker. Does it really make them nicer? I've had it for a while now and haven't even made one! I am ready to make a yo-yo flag. I really want to buy the odd shaped one, the heart ect. Let me know ok!?

Anonymous said...

Ooooh. Sounds like fun. You always have such lovely creations on your blog!

Anonymous said...

I'm in, I'm in, I'm in ! Happy dance ......
And, by the way, I just LOVE these yoyo's of yours !

Hugs &nd smiles to you !
NADINE

PamKittyMorning said...

Loved the aprons.. I'm happy you got to see them in the booth. Its not silly at all to be thrilled! I can never believe my good fortune to see my stuff somewhere besides my sewing room!