Monday, November 19, 2007

MeMeMe...

Ok, so if you didn't get enough of me blabbing about myself in July, I've been tagged for another MeMeme by Nan over at Quilting in Doxie-Land (and yep, this was awhile ago -- but, well, I'm slow at responding to these things). So here it is, 4 things about me...


4 jobs I've held:
  1. Migrant farm laborer. Ok -- so I wasn't so much migrating, but corn detasseling counts -- and I have the scars from the corn rash to prove it.
  2. Waitress at a fast food chain pizza resturaunt. Lousy tips and don't get me started on the damage a softball team can do to a dining room.
  3. Secretary to a freshman program in an academic university.
  4. Indentured servant. Oh wait -- technical title was Graduate Assistant. In exchange for tuition breaks I taught freshman composition courses. On second thought, indentured servant is about right -- but I did love the teaching.

4 films I could watch over and over again:

  1. The Princess Bride ("Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die")
  2. The Quiet Man (John Wayne, Maureen O'Hara, 'nuff said)
  3. The Wizard of Oz (I no longer hide when the wicked witch shows up -- but love this movie)
  4. Star Wars (no, not going to give the "new title" -- I grew up with it being Star Wars. The first one. Forget the numbering -- and, frankly, forget the tinkering that Lucas did to it -- it's my childhood memory darn it!)
  5. A host of other films -- really, I love rewatching movies. I have many favorites, these are just some of the top picks.

4 TV shows I watch:

  1. House -- LOVE Huge Laurie
  2. Numbers -- Rob Morrow, Judd Hirsch, the cast in this is wonderful!
  3. Bionic Woman -- Ok, throwback to my childhood again, but the new show is pretty good.
  4. WWE Monday Night Raw -- don't ask, I blame a friend for this.
  5. Again -- a host of others -- I haven't even touched on most of the shows I watch like Miami Ink and all of the Food Network shows I watch. Not to mention Heroes, etc. I'm a TV junkie -- I freely admit this.

4 Places I've lived:

  1. Utica, Michigan
  2. Fairfax, Virginia
  3. Chicago, Illinois
  4. Cornfield County, Illinois

4 favorite foods:

  1. Sushi (tuna and salmon the two favs here)
  2. Chocolate (in all its many forms)
  3. Bread -- really, I love crusty good fresh bread -- a bit of butter and I'm in heaven.
  4. Saganaki -- flaming cheese served with crusty bread, what's not to love?

4 favorite colors:

  1. Orange
  2. Pink/red
  3. Lime green
  4. purple
  5. blue
  6. brown
  7. yellow
  8. grey
  9. Anyone get the feeling that I love color and am a color slut? You should.

4 Places I would love to be right now:

  1. Right where I am with my daughter and husband
  2. Desert south west with my Mom
  3. Paris
  4. Virginia

4 names I love but would/could not use for my children:

  1. Robert (um -- had a girl, so not really appropriate)
  2. Carolyn
  3. Catriona (was a close call there)
  4. Alexandra

4 people I would love to tag:

This one has made the rounds, so I'm not going to tag anyone specifically -- if you want to do it, consider yourself it!

12 comments:

Clare said...

Mmmmmmm - interesting. You and I have something in common. We both like the name Alexandra, but then I'm biased LOL

Cheryl Arkison said...

A colour slut? I love that term. I'm stealing it.

Samantha said...

When did you live in Fairfax? I went to HS in McLean! and, tuna and salmon? Best sushi ever!

Oh, no, now I'm hungry!

Darlene said...

Nice to know a little more about you!

My goodness I've missed alot on your blog - where the heck have I been? Love the pincushions - they are sooooooooooo cute. I want one. LOL teehee!!!!

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing some of your personal details. I love Sushi and Paris too!
Abour tea-dying: I use loose tea (the cheapest I can get) in a big saucepan and I cook the fabric with it. I put a bit of vinegar too, to fix the colour. It smells strange but it works!
Take care.

Greenmare said...

"Hello Lady"
"You keep using that word, I don't think it means what you think it means"
"...never bet with a Sicillian when death is on the line hahahahaha ..."clunk
ahhhhhhh the most quotable movie ever
Princess Bride- the best movie ever made.....

Doe said...

Inconcievable!!! Lovelovelove Princess Bride!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Oh dear, you really should be my neighbor!!
we could watch Star Wars, John Wayne , The Princess Bride and House, over and over again while eating Sushi..and making quilts..does life get much better?
How's that cooking going...are you dead from the stress...or only mostly dead?? Sorry couldn't help myself.
As you wish....Tracey

Tonya Ricucci said...

I'm with you fellow tv/movie/color junkie. And Star Wars will always be Star Wars to me as well. My husband keeps asking for House Season 4 on DVD. well... that's gonna be awhile.You don't want to be in Paris now - very dreary.

Felicia said...

I knew you were good people. Orange is my favorite color too! And House is Tivoed regularly around here. Can't get into that new Bionic Woman show though. I tried to like it, I really did. But the dialog is too trite and she's no Lindsey Wagner! :)

Felicia said...

Oh, and I forgot to say that one of the lines I use at least three times a week is "he's not dead yet. Just mostly dead" :)

Nan said...

I was looking at your site again looking for the Sitemeter link, and found your Meme! How did I miss it before? Egad!!
It is nice to know more about you! I love your movie choices - Princess Bride is one of my absolute faves, and it is quoted quite often in our house. The other movies you chose are near and dear to my heart also. I love the term 'color slut' and intend to use it often, for I think that truly describes me, too.
Thanks for participating in this Meme - I'm so glad you did!