Monday, November 19, 2007

Imagine my surprise

Ok, I'll admit it, I check my blog's statistics on sitemeter from time to time. I love the world map that shows where visitors are coming from. Ok, yes, it takes amazingly little to amuse me at times. Anyhoo -- imagine my surprise when I realized I've been getting a lot more visits than normal. Like almost double. Hunh? I mean, I know my experiments with tea dying are just fascinating but still.

Oh wait -- I then checked where folks were coming from. Turns out I'm getting a lot of hits from Sew Mama Sew. Hunh? They posted that link to my tutorial ages ago. So why the sudden rush? It turns out they reposted the link to the tutorial as part of their Handmade Holidays posts for November. Way cool. And so are all of the great ideas and tutorials they've been posting. If you haven't had a chance -- go check it out. Not like most of us need another project to add to the pile at this time of year -- but, well, hey -- never hurts to look right? I'm going to add the banner for it onto my sidebar as well. I also added an update to the tutorial (links to the finished project and to the dress with fabric I made) so if you are seeing it on bloglines -- sorry for the repeat.

In other crafting/sewing/quilting news -- um, nothing really to report right now. It's been a singularly craft free weekend. Ugh. I have too much to do and not enough time to do it in -- but I also had a little one with a virus thingy (don't you love my technical medical terms). I love that kids bounce back quickly from these sorts of things -- I hate the gut wrenching fear that you have when daycare calls and tells you your child has a fever of 104 F. And just to reassure you -- she was kind of listless and oddly agreeable for a day. The next day she was her normal bouncing off the walls and go, go, go self who is glad to tell you "I don' LIKE that" with no fever in sight. Now mommy on the other hand -- mommy needs longer to recover! Hopefully I will have more to show/share soon.

Also, thanks for all the tips and suggestions on the tea dying. I want to try some of them and see what results I get. But, I'm just about to the point on the doll fabric of saying -- it's good enough, I'll make it with what I have and continue the experiments after Christmas (when I don't have 10 projects lined up). Any opinions?

7 comments:

Shelina said...

Yes I check my sitemeter everyday too, although I haven't seen a lot of big changes lately, just a slow decline. It is nice when you get a link from a popular blog and they send people your way.

I hope that your daughter doesn't get her illness back, and that you manage to avoid getting it yourself.

Laura said...

We have had that sick thing at our house also, hope your daughter is back to normal.
I love to tea dye. I also use coffee alot.

Greenmare said...

Good job you on the tutorials! I remember the bouncing off the walls days too! You are so worried and want them to be themselves again, and then when they are you sort of wonder what the rush was. Take care of YOU too.

Magpie Sue said...

DD isn't going to care what color her doll's skin is! She'll just be delighted to have another guest at her tea table ;- )

I may use the meme one of these days when I can't show what I've been working on.

May have to go get me one of them sitemeter things...

Annie said...

I'm off to check now. Love all the ideas. I just want to sew!

Mary Johnson said...

Yep, I check mine too - every now and then there's a new link there. I find the large jumps in visitors happen more on my MaryQuilts.com site than my blog which gets more of a slow but steady increase in visitors.

Nan said...

I have never heard of Sitemeter - I am fascinated, and will check it out. I can't get into the SewMamaSew, because the "bandwidth has been exceeded", whatever the heck that means! I will try again later.
I'm glad cutie pie is feeling better, and I hope you are, too!!