Oh, wait a minute, I wasn't supposed to SING -- I was tagged by Sue over at the Magpie's Nest for the MeMeme that Finn started. Oh, yeah! So, without further ado -- and a few days later than I thought I would get to this here it goes:
5 Things To Do Before I Die:
- See my daughter grown, happy, healthy, and relatively well adjusted
- Visit Paris again. I love this city.
- Visit New Orleans with my husband again. We got engaged there -- on the steps of St. Louis Cathedral at the stroke of midnight on Halloween. All around a magical night. And a magical city.
- Go to the British Museum (oh, and the rest of London too :0) )
- Live -- yes, kind of a prerequisite to dying but, I'm one who believes like Auntie Mame that life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!
5 Things I Can Do:
- Kiss "owies" and make them better
- Perform minor surgery on furry companions to "fix it"
- Balance my checkbook (not that I do it often enough, but I CAN)
- Multi-task -- not that special when you realize that any mother out there learns this one in a hurry, but I could do it before I had a child so, I'm gonna include it.
- Do minor plumbing and home repair (replace light fixtures, paint, install baseboards, replace doors, install shelving, etc.). While all of the fabric in the house is mine -- so are all of the power tools. Go figure.
5 Things I Cannot Do... Yet:
- Hand quilt. I am gearing myself up for this one -- but I think it will be a can do that soon.
- Crochet. Honestly. I can't. I can knit, sew, embroider, cross stitch, etc. But I can NOT crochet. I've tried. People have attempted to teach me. I'm a hopeless case. And ya know what -- I'm actually ok with this.
- Feel comfortable with balancing work, home, child. I'm working on this one. I have the feeling this one is also a continual work in progress thing.
- Applique. My feelings on this one are somewhere between my attitude about hand quilting and crochet.
- Parallel park well. This requires practice. Since there are darned few places where it is necessary around here -- don't know that I will get it.
5 Things That Attract Me to the Opposite Sex:
- Sense of humor (must be at least as twisted and dark as my own)
- Sense of adventure
- Snuggleability. No -- I can't explain it any better than that.
5 Celebrity Crushes: -- I've seen many people not answer this one, I told my dh about it and his first response was to laugh and then tell me my first answer. *G* I knew I married him for a reason!
- Orlando Bloom
- Johnny Depp
- Harrison Ford (this one goes WAY back -- Luke who? Give me Han!)
- Chris Jericho (if you don't watch WWE this will make NO sense -- and no, I find no contradiction in my intellectual side clashing with my enjoyment of wrestling)
- Hugh Jackman (he had me at *shnict* -- again, another weird cultural reference but watch the X-men and remember that I was a comic book junkie long and long ago)
5 People I'd Like to Do This (Tag! You're it!):
- Tracey at Ozcountryquiltingmum (this is because you seemed to want to do the last one :0) )
- Lisa at Stashmaster
- Bonnie at Rainy Day Quilts (Bonnie is one of my dearest friends and the mother of my goddaughter -- she's started her own blog, with her own lovely quilts, check it out and encourage more posts!)
- Valerie at Un Arc En Ciel Dans Le Lavabo
- Anyone else who would like to do this -- I'm so lousy at this part :0)
And just so this post isn't totally non-quilt related, a peek at my current project. Just a peek mind you -- this is one of those projects where it really isn't going to look right until the top is done. Luckily, it's working up fast!