Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Short break for reading...

Like many of you, I took a short break from sewing this weekend to read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Nope, no spoilers here -- but can I just say WOW?? And, admit to a tiny bit of sadness that Harry's saga is done. I've been reading these books since shortly before the second book came out. I can mark certain life events by what was happening when the books were released. Including the first midnight release I attended for Goblet of Fire -- the night before I had to pick up my aunt at the airport to help my parents move several thousand miles away. And The Half-Blood Prince -- precisely 20 days after the birth of my daughter -- and me taking her, in her carrier, to get my book at midnight. So many memories, not only of the characters but of my life reading the books. *sigh* Oh well, I still have one fun part left. I've read the American version -- now to get my hands on a British edition to round out THAT collection. (um, and yes, I have paper back versions for the American ones as well -- ok, so I may be a bit obsessive about my HP books!)

So, now it's back to sewing and working on my Bleeker Street fabric quilt. I'm almost done. By the end of the day (even before that really) I should have a flimsy to report. Wooo Hooo! In the meantime -- one more hint :0). I know, I'm being a stinker on this one! But really -- I'm having a ton of fun with this one and I can't wait to show it all together. Until then -- have a great day!

10 comments:

Carole said...

I loved book 7! I like the way nothing is left unanswered. I've also wanted to read the Brittish version. In Canada the book has the same Brittish cover but I don't know if it's the samve version or they have edited. The publisher in Canada is not the same. Could be the same book just published by a Canadian publisher. Canada and the Brittish do have similar customs and word usage. I am sad that it's over also. I've started re-reading the first book. Happy quilting!

Andrea said...

I just finished the new HP yesterday ! Brilliant ! So sad it was the last one but JK always said she would stop when she did. Looking forward to seeing your completed quilt !

Kairle Oaks said...

Do I have to confess that I have not read a single HP book? My DDs and DH have, but not me.

Please hurry and post a picture of your quilt. I'm holding my breath and my face is turning red!

Samantha said...

I think I loved 7 too, but i read it so fast, I'll need to go back and savor it slowly... Can't wait to see that quilt!

His Office, My Studio said...

I have not read any of the HP books and now I am starting to think I have missed something good. I may have to get the books and start reading this winter.

Tonya Ricucci said...

boy, my husband would so envy you that book collection. not to mention that you've already gotten your copy and read it! I'm still rereading book six so I wouldn't be ready to read it even if were here already.

Leigh said...

You are a teaser, lol. I can't wait to see what you've been up to.

Carolyn said...

Is there a big difference between the UK version and the American version of the books? If there is, I may have to try to get the British versions!

~Bren~ said...

That is a tease!! At least we won't have long to wait before seeing the flimsy. I have never read a HP book but everyone who does LOVES them...not just "they are ok" but really Loves them.

Helen said...

I didn't know there was a difference between the British and Canadian books! I have an Australian one, wonder if there is a difference! LOL I am half way through re reading HBP before starting on #7...... :)