First up on the hit parade is this selection of the Moda Chez Moi fabrics. No, these are not a ton of fat quarters. They are something my newest LQS cuts -- 11" squares of fabric (well, ok, there is ONE FQ hiding out of the picture). It's great if you want a little bit of something or, as in this case, a selection from a whole line but not a lot of anything. It didn't hurt that they were on sale buy 2 get 1 free. Plus I had an additional 20% off coupon. Not 20% off of one item mind you, but 20% off the entire purchase. Can I just say I LOVE the new LQS??? (someday I will have to share the name of the shop, it may be coming soon) I think these are going to be cut into charm squares and made into a bag or something similar. And at $.40 a piece for the 11" squares, I ask you, could you resist? And yes, Lisa, I do blame you too!
More fantastic deals? Well, how about $1.00 fat quarters at 20% off. Hmmn. $.80 each FQs. Again. These needed to come home with me. As well as these other FQs. On sale for $2.00 each, plus an additional 20% off. Need I say more? I bought some other FQs, but well, some of them are already at their destination (see, I was buying gifts, really) and I didn't get pics. And others are going off later this week to their final destination. Since the recipient reads this blog, not gonna show 'em!
As for the splurge with my discount for doing the Yo-Yo maker demos -- well, I am still addicted to the lovely Fresh Cut fabrics (I swear I'm going to own at least a FQ of every print in the line before I'm done -- and I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do with them), I may have added to my collection. Who am I kidding? Maybe? Yeah. Right.
Ok, first round of confessions over. Now it's time to look back at the month of June and confess how much/little of my long list of projects I actually got done. Eeeek.
- Mom's pillows -- um, nope. Though I just decided for sure how to finish them this past weekend, so those should be done soon. This month for sure!
- Little girl's dress (still trying to come up with a cute pet name for dd -- I call her kitten, but hey, should be something more original don't ya think?) -- a big old nope here as well.
- God daughter's jacket -- if you have been reading you know DONE DONE DONE. She received it today just in time for her birthday. It fits and she loves it. Woo Hoooo!
- mil's Christmas present quilt. Cut and ready to begin sewing. Goal for the month met
- Background strips for leaders enders project. Cut. Goal for month met.
- My Christmas lap quilt. Started. Way started. All of the initial block sets done. 3 of the 5 embroideries done. 5 Disappearing 9 patch blocks completed. Goal for the month more than met!
- Summer Sorbet -- pushed to July as predicted.
- Practice machine quilting -- well, I did some on gd's jacket. So sure. I'll give myself credit here.
- Dick and Jane. Not even looked at.
- Bags for gifts, nope. But I did make myself a nifty new purse!
Not as much as I had originally planned. Some things done though. Since I'm used to assigning letter grades to my students, I'd have to give my June list and no-buy progress a C+. Hey, that's average. I'll take it. And to close out my confessions of quilting undone -- some in-progress photos of things I HAVE done. The latest stitchery for my Christmas quilt (ignore the running stitches, they are there so I can wash out the markings and still be able to know where my design area is when I cut the piece to put in the blocks) and some of the finished blocks.