Sunday, December 23, 2007

Still Sewing...

So -- I've been a bit quiet lately. It's not that I haven't had anything to post -- it's just that I haven't had time to actually get to the computer and do anything about the random thoughts running around in my head.

I mean -- there was a whole post about the trip to the mall to see Santa (her first time) -- with a mini-rant about the commercialization of Santa's area. This particular mall was pushing a recent release Christmas movie (that bombed so I hear). What ever is wrong with generic (non-advertising laden) castles and gingerbread and other North Pole type deals? Or trains -- I can deal with trains! But Noooooo -- we get some really bad crud from a movie that stank. Great. Oh, and the giant walk through snow globe? Yeah -- great idea -- except we were in there for about 15-20 minutes while waiting. All that fake snow was such fun to pick out of my daughter's hair in time for her picture with Santa (and don't EVEN get me started on the whole "photo package" deals). On the other hand -- if I thought she was excited about the tree -- well, let's just say seeing the big guy was even more exciting. No running back and forth to the kitchen -- but I swear if she started shaking and vibrating any more she was going to break through some space/time barrier.

Mom has been here since Monday -- which has been wonderful. But, I feel like I'm working her half to death with very little reward. UGH. My kingdom (or, really, just my small corner of the cornfields since that's all I can offer) for a nice, relaxing, don't have to do anything visit!

I have been working on my projects (and finishing things) but I don't have any good photos right now. I'll try to get everything photographed and show and tell soon. Really!

In the meantime -- it's two nights until Christmas and I have three must finish projects to complete (one hand sewn binding, one doll quilt to tie and one apron to make). Will I make it? Stay tuned to find out folks!

13 comments:

Clare said...

Don't worry about the lists and the house, just have a great family Christmas and New Year. Hope you aren't one of the people who has lost power. I've just heard that the US is getting horrendous snow storsm.

Hugs

QuiltingFitzy said...

It will all get finished, today or tomorrow or the next day. Never to worry.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!!

CONNIE W said...

Wishes to you for a blessed Christmas Day with your loved ones. CW

Felicia said...

Come what may have a very Merry Christmas Angela! :)

Holly said...

Merry Christmas, Angela!!!

Yvonne said...

I hope you got all your projects done. :) Have a very Merry Christmas! Hope your day is filled with much happiness and joy. :)

His Office, My Studio said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family!!!

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

For the first time ever i gave up the big project and smelt the roses...or made Gingerbread houses with the kids to be precise....the world still turned and life went on. Hope your Christmas was great and you got to enjoy it, Tracey

Kim said...

Well? Did you make it?! ROFLOL! I hope you had a merry Christmas with your loved ones.

Helen said...

Merry Christmas Atet! Hope everything turned out well for the big day! I'm sure it did! :)

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I'm waiting to see if the ladies were received "nekkid" or not! LOL!! Happy New Year, atet!

Nan said...

I agree with you about the commercialization of Santa and Christmas, that's why I ignore most of it, and just celebrate the way I want to. I hope we get to see Miss Tinkbell on Santa's lap! I'm glad you went through the snow globe and made it out the other side!

Samantha said...

Our mall does this every year as well. Local billionaire happens to produce these movies, so we get stuck with Movie-related Xmas. This was the 3rd year. We've taken to seeking out Santa elsewhere...