Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Rudolph's Nose

Isn't the only one that is bright red and shiny right now. Though, I imagine his hurts a whole lot less. Ick. After posting my to-do list for the insane, I got my annual bout of bronchitis. Fun, fun, fun. Cough, cough, hack, hack, oh what fun a sneeze attack (sung to the tune of plop/plop, fizz/fizz), And to top it off, my husband seems to have caught a related buggy thing so we've both been walking around like zombies. Gotta love that codeine cough syrup. But it does make the idea of playing with a rotary cutter not quite as attractive as it might otherwise be. (I like all of my appendages attached thank-you-very-much!)

Despite the temporary setback of being ill, I do still think I can finish my homemade Christmas gifts (see -- insanity, but I'm gonna try to do it darn it). I've been plugging away slowly but surely and I do have some progress.

17. Advent Calendar. Done!!!!!!! It's even been hung up and we've been pulling slips of paper from it every day. I've had to do some covert rearranging of activities though. Saturday we were supposed to go get the tree -- with dh running a fever and my coughing/nose blowing exploits that got delayed by a day, but otherwise a success. We've been busy with playing with some of the goodies inside (gotta love those paint with water books -- so far I think we've colored the entire book that was in her grab bag, and the scratch and sniff book was a big hit as well). And, since this is the grand sum of my holiday decorating thus far -- hey, a bonus!


8. C's messenger bag. I have the stuff -- need to design and make. Done!!!!! Yahooo!!!! This one needs to be in the mail pronto so I'm really glad I did get it finished.

It ended up being more of a "mini" messenger bag -- still big enough to put manila folders in and/or a three ring binder (heck, even a laptop if needed) but still small enough to be used as a largish purse if desired as well.


And considering I was working without a net on this one (pattern? I don't need no stinkin' pattern!) I think it turned out well if I do say so myself.

I'm still seriously in love with these Heather Ross fabrics, and since my cousin (the intended recipient) has been riding horses since she was 8 or 9 (and she's a year older than I am -- ok, only 10 months and three days) the fabrics are perfect for her.

And honestly? If it weren't for the whole, I've been drugged out on an opiate derivative cough medication thing, it would have taken me an afternoon to complete. Now that's my idea of a great quick project!

Other projects have had some spotty progress at best -- not a whole lot to show there. So, I will leave you with the view from my computer/guest room window. Pretty -- in a, gee I hope the temps don't drop too much so I can actually walk outside kind of way.

Though, it does make you feel kind of Christmasy -- I think it's time for some more cough syrup, a bit of hot chocolate and a cuddle under the blankets before I get back to the sweat shop!

17 comments:

Karyn said...

Oh my goodness, that messenger bag is amazing!! I have only admired that fabric from afar, perhaps it's time for me to bite the bullet and see it close up!! :)

The Calico Cat said...

oo oo oo I wanna messenger bag! (I also wanna finish your doll quilt, maybe now that my class is DONE!)

Tonya Ricucci said...

oh no, sounds miserable. I'd have given up already and just started reading a book.

Felicia said...

I adore that messenger bag. I'm sure it will be her favorite Christmas present. Its completely irresistible! Stay warm from all that frosty snow and I hope you feel better soon!

QuiltingFitzy said...

Sorry you are sick, please feel better soon.

That messenger bag is adorable!

Joyce said...

Love the messenger bag. Get well soon.

Nan said...

That messenger bag is wonderful! The fabric is so cute - she'll absolutely love it! You are a very talented girl, even under the spell of codeine cough syrup!
The icy tree is very pretty, but ice storms are nastyness - I've barely survived many of them! Take care of yourself and the fam, Angela!!

Nicole said...

Isn't it a drag to be sick when you are so busy and have so much to do? Hope you feel better ASAP!

Kate North said...

someday, when you are no longer the walking dead and christmas is a happy memory, enquiring minds would like to know how to make the messenger bag...

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

How do I get on your gift list? :-)

I NEED that messenger bag!

Libby said...

Take it easy - you dont want to be miserable come Christmas.

Holly said...

I'd say you are making great progress on that list of yours. I never did advent calendars growing up or for my kids but I kinda like the idea - maybe when I have some grands. I like the "ideas" idea or activities I guess I should say. Hope you aren't one of those without power for the next few weeks and hope you start feeling better soon!

Kim said...

Well, at least you maintain your sense of humor! Or maybe that's high levels of codeine? ROFLOL! I hope you're feeling better soon--it's rotten being sick this time of the year!

Cheryl said...

GREAT messenger bag!! Way to check things off your to do list!
Beautiful pictures.

Samantha said...

LOVE the messenger bag- you're amazing!

Perry said...

Your landscape looks like Oklahoma right now with all of that ice. I hope you get to feeing better, this stuff just seems to hang on.

Rose Marie said...

Despite feeling like crap ... you've done amazing! Get well soon.