Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Crossing T's

Just a bit of a quickie post for today since Mom will be here in a couple of hours and I still need to finish some cleaning and errands. I also have no idea if I will have time to post until after the 4th -- so Happy B-day (kind of) USA! More immediately importantly to my family -- Mom's b-day is on the 5th so there will be some clebratin' going on here.

So -- the final cross stitch examples from Mom's house. This little kitty is dated though I can't make it out all that well -- I think it was from '87 and that sounds about right. I have no idea of the pattern on this one or where it's from but it's cute.

And this little Angel is one I finished in '87 as well. It seems that was a good year for cross stitch. Hmmn. This one is a Mar Beck angel. One of these came out a year for a long time, and Mom collected all of the patterns. Of course, this is the only one that was ever completed -- but, hey. The patterns are there if I ever decide to give up quilting -- yeah, like that's gonna happen!

Thanks for hanging out with me as I traipsed through my Mom's house -- I know she has other samples of my work, but, well, these were the easy ones to find. Oddly enough, I think I only have three samples of my own work in my house. Oh well, I'd rather quilt anyway :0).

6 comments:

Nan said...

I know you will be thoroughly enjoying the visit with your mom and celebrating the 4th and her birthday. I can't wait to see photos of the festivities!
The cross stitches are so pretty - thanks for sharing! Have a wonderful time!!

Joyce said...

The cross stitch is very nice. I'd never have patience for that. I'm like you, I'd rather be quilting.

Nicole said...

Happy 4th of July to you too. Your cross stitch work is lovely--wish I could do it! Happy birthday to your mom too. Hope the sunburn is better.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

They're lovely. I, too, have left a similar path of X's along the way!! (Before I discovered quilt making!!)

Anonymous said...

OMG I have the pattern for that 1987 Mar Bek angel. I never got around to making it though. Between me and my sister we have all of the Marbek angel patterns. Neither of us has made any of them though.

Alyssa said...

These are pretty cross-stitched. I personally adore the angel. I tried cross stitching some 4 years ago but I didn't finished the one I'm making; lacked of interest probably.

-----------
colorado springs divorce lawyers