Tuesday, February 12, 2008

We Interrupt This Blog...

For an emergency trip to visit my mother. Mom tripped and fell over the weekend, and some minor surgery is in the works for tomorrow (no, nothing major -- she broke her nose). So, I'm heading out on a plane tonight to hang out with Mom and give some TLC. Lovely part is I get to spend Valentine's Day with one of my favorite people -- down side? I have to miss Valentine's day with my other two favorite people :0(.

Thanks to everyone who has responded to my little disaster -- just to let you know, the second wash didn't do much (a bit lighter) but also brought out another spot where bleeding was going to be a problem. I did try a bit of a seam treatment -- but, um, it didn't look great so I pulled it out. So, final decision? It's not THAT bad -- and it will be going to my partner as is. Hopefully today (if I can get my butt in gear and get packed, etc.). It may be packaged up today and left for my hubby to mail out tomorrow. I'll try and get a picture to share later.

Until then -- I have about 3 hours to pack, get some things done around the house, and get ready to make it to O'Hare. I'll be back next Sunday, so I'll have tons of catching up to do -- Later!

21 comments:

Kairle Oaks said...

So sorry to hear about your mother's accident. How great that you get to go and spend some time with her. What a good DD you are!

Carolyn said...

Have a safe trip, I hope the weather is good for you! Take care of your mom and yourself too!

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Sorry about your Mum, but kind of nice to have an excuse to fly out and see her.
What a pain about the bleeding fabric...I hate that!! It looks so nice, I am sure your partner will cope...send some chocolate with it!
The book reviews were good...and as usual i love those aprons!
Make sure your rest a bit on your 'holiday', sounds like the bug knocked you around, Tracey

lera said...

I hope your mom is okay. It is very nice of you to give her some TLC. Enjoy.

Marla said...

Enjoy being withy your mom...even if it is under less than ideal conditions.

Libby said...

Have a safe trip . . . give lots of TLC to Mom - she's gonna need it *s*

Red Geranium Cottage said...

I hope your moms ok. have a good time with her despite her accident. The other two will understand I'm sure. Maybe you can celebrate two Valentine's Days.

Tonya Ricucci said...

ouch. hope your mom feels better really soon. sorry that the second wash didn't help much, but glad to hear that it didn't hurt.

Clare said...

When I read the first few lines of your post I thought "Oh no! Hip!" Glad you will get to spend some time with your Mum and hope when you get back there may be a small package waiting for you.

Karyn said...

Yikes! So sorry to hear about your Mom! Have a safe trip!

Cheryl said...

Sorry to hear about your mom. I will think good thoughts for her surgery. I know she will be glad that you are there! You get the good daughter award!

Lisa said...

Hope your mom is okay! Enjoy your time with her. Have a safe trip.

Samantha said...

Best wishes to mom for a speedy recovery!

Greenmare said...

oooooooo owie! I hope everything goes well, and you don't have any trouble with air traffic. I agree on the enough snow already!!!

Felicia said...

Oh no! I'm send both you and your mom positive thoughts :)

Kate North said...

Hope your mom is better soon. As for the quilt - I'm sure your partner will like it. If by some chance it's me (mine is late; Margaret tells me it's not lost in the post; you are running late - it could be!), I guarantee I will like it despite a little bleeding.

Nan said...

Oh dear, Angela! Your poor mama! I hope she's doing okay. She will definitely feel better with you there, that's for sure! This way you can celebrate 2 Valentine's Days! Take care of yourself - I'm sending good thoughts to you and your mom!

Rose Marie said...

Sorry about your Mom, but you will get to have a lovely visit with her.

About your swap, I wonder what it would have looked like if you had washed it with the fabric that bled. Would you have had a bit of tye dye look to it?

It's still lovely as is!

corry said...

Sorry to hear about your mom, hope she's feeling a lot better now!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I hope your Mom is a quick healer. Nothing like the loving care that only a daughter can provide to escalate the process. Please keep us posted.

The Wooden Spool said...

So sorry for your dear mother...she will be cheered up to have you!