Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Wips, gifts, and other assorted stuff

First -- thanks so much to everyone who has been cheering me on in the "mommy vs. toddler" nighttime wars. (we won't even mention the potty wars) It helps knowing I'm not alone in this one -- and that it will end. Eventually. In the meantime -- sleep, ah yes, I remember it fondly :0).


On the plus side, I have had a few spare moments to work on some projects. Mostly handwork since, well, by the time I get all the machine stuff set up -- someone is daring me to come up and tell her to go to bed -- again. But, hey, couch time is good :0). I've been able to work a bit on my hand quilting.


And weave in the (seemingly) bazillion ends for this sweater. There weren't really a bazillion -- but, more than I really wanted to deal with anyway. I still need to sew in the sleeves and the side seams and knit a little bit of trim (more ends, yippee!).


Oh, and work on some little tiny flowers. These are part of my solution for this quilt top.


And so is this. Speaking of which, I need to do some blocking tonight so I can get an accurate read on the length of it. More will be revealed in time :0).



And I did get the bunny houses done as well. Here's the front of the finished Victorian number -- may I say that glitter and small children is a BAD idea? Yeah -- thought I could :0). I think I'll save pictures of the other house for Sunday. Yeah, um, Easter and all.


I also got some great mail this week. A beautiful whole cloth quilt that I just CAN NOT get a good picture of. I won it in a blog drawing a few months ago from Suzanne over at Art, Quilts and Other Adventures. And since I, of course, chose the option of a mini-whole cloth rather than the faster, and easier, fabric -- yes, it's my fault, and not Suzanne's. I WISH I could have gotten a better picture. The machine quilting on this is just sooooo incredible. Maybe, someday, if I work really, really hard -- um, yeah, I can be something like 1/10 as good. Thank you Suzanne -- this one is getting hung in my office. Mostly so I can walk past it and pet it every day :0).


I also got a lovely goodie package from Sharon over at Red Geranium Cottage. When I posted about some of the mitts I've been knitting, she commented (once, or maybe twice) about really liking them but that she can't knit. Soooo -- I proposed a trade. Mitts for some fabric. :0). I think I came out waaaaay ahead in this deal. Thank you so much Sharon!!! I love, love, love these Japanese fabrics she sent as well as the little koala -- um, I think it's for making muffins or something? Help?!?! (if I'm not careful Miss Tink's gonna take it over for her play doh!) I can't wait to play with these -- and the hedgehogs?!? oh yeah I NEED to get some projects out of the way!


Ok, well, that's it for now (more than enough don't you think?). A lot of things in the works -- not a whole lot done. Kind of like my cleaning, but hey, Mom won't be here for another 12 hours or so...


Ooops -- almost forgot. Again. Geesh, my mind is full of swiss cheese. See -- last weekend wasn't just my hubby's birthday (he got some lovely sushi delivered to him as a special lunch/dinner together -- I wasn't quite THAT forgetful). It also wan't just National Quilting Day. Seems it was also my one year blogaversary as well (take THAT Ides of March). Oh, and I passed the whole 100 posts celebration thing sometime last January too. Sooooo -- I should probably do something about that shouldn't I?!? Yeah -- I think so. Post a comment to this post to be entered into a drawing. What, exactly the prize is I'm not sure. It may be fabric. It may be a hand made goodie from me. It may be a combination of the two :0). I'll keep the comment/blog drawing open until Midnight, Easter Sunday (sounds like a good enough time to me) and announce the winner next week :0). Thanks for sticking around and listening to my angst and my quilting/knitting/crafting babble for the past year. When I started this blog I had NO idea how much I would come to enjoy it and/or how many great friends I would make on the net. Just goes to show -- quilters (and other crafters) are some of the best kinds of people!

33 comments:

Diana said...

You've got a LOT going on! Congratulations on the 100th post--love to hear what's going on with you.

Kate North said...

ooh, ooh, ooooh! pick me! (there's a cultural reference there - one we've discussed before, I do believe...) Happy blogversary/birthday/IQD/toddler training (well, maybe not).

Suzanne Earley said...

white work is hard to photograph well, isn't it? glad the package arrived safely!

Unknown said...

Love that whole cloth quilt, and congrat on reaching a year and 100 posts. It goes by real quick doesn't it?

Magpie Sue said...

I think I must have a blogiversary coming up too... I'll have to go look. Congratulations on yours and on your good fortune in winning that quilt! Gee, if you pick my name out for your drawing you could just include my winnnings with my mitts ;- )

Emily Cole said...

Congrats on the 100th post! I lost my link to your blog, so just found it again today! I hope things get better in the sleep department!I think I'm going to plant some veggies this weekend... maybe sooner - I hope! That whole cloth quilt is really pretty - you're a lucky duck!

Paula, the quilter said...

I'm going to post a teaser here and tell you that I only have to put the label on our swap quilt and then it's into the mail. *s*

You've been busy. My son was a worse three year old than a two year old. It's good to get it over early.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Hi there!! I LOVE my mittens!!! OMG I just got home last night and the pkg was waiting for me. Love them!!! The little bear is an item I bought at the japanese store last year and thought you could do something with it. Dont know what but something. LOL!!! Thanks again!!! Love the cute little drawstring bag too.
congrats on the 100th post too by the way.

Tanya said...

Congratulations on your one year blogaversery! What fun it is having cyber penpals.

Kristin L said...

Happy Blogiversary. My hubby proposed to me on the Ides of March -- fast forward 13 years later and I think it didn't cast any shadow over the marriage! ;-) I am still dealing with nighttime potty issues though, so that doesn't get any better.

Karyn said...

You have to be one of the busiest bloggers ever! I love the little crocheted flowers, I think they will be perfect for that quilt.

And Happy Blogiversary!

The Calico Cat said...

You can put those Japanese prints in my doll quilt. GRIN, o.k. smirk.

Helen said...

Happy belated blogiverasary Atet! Love your blog and work. It is possible to sew and be crafty with youngsters at our heels! I know where your coming from. :) Happy easter.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY 100TH POST! Love all the pictures and goodies. Hopefully life will calm down a little to allow you more sewing time.

corry said...

Happy blog anniversary! You've a lot going on...i love those bunny houses! And winning a quilt, wow you are so lucky!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your 100th post and one year anniversary. Your handquilting is beautiful.

Libby said...

The whole cloth is just wonderful - the prize and your handwork too *s* Hang in there with the little one - terrible twos do pass.

Marit said...

Congratulations on your blogversary / birthday!!! I have been enjoying reading on yor blog. I just looked at your family heirloom, the silk log cabin quilt. I have an aunt who has studied old dressing traditions in Norway. She tells me black was used as a wedding color in earlier days in Norway. That quilt is so beautiful. The colors and the way those different black fabrics come together!!
Please keep posting ;)

Clare said...

Happy Blogday and congrats on the 100th post. Did you get my mail about a possible quilt for your friend's 14 yr old daughter?

Oh and if, just if, my name is drawn (which it probably won't cos it never is!) fabric please cos 2 QS'S have closed and one has stopped stocking quilting stuff.

Lisa said...

Angela, past the 100th anniversary! Wow! that is great!!!! You have been busy!!! Love your stuff!

Unknown said...

I am singing Happy Blog anniversary over here. Does not matter, it is already snowing anyway! Congratulations on the 100th post too. I am very intrigued with the yarn flowers on the pastel quilt. I can´t wait to see more.
The whole cloth quilt is gorgeous, how lucky you are!
Happy Easter and take care.

Unknown said...

Happy Blogaversary - it's been lovely getting to know you - here's to many more postings!

Cher said...

fun to catch up with all your whirlwind of going ons...nice hand work! especially the pink sweater.
and of course happy bloganniversity etc...

Nan said...

I am loving all the projects you've been working on! The bunny house is adorable - I want to make one now!
Congratulations on the beautiful quilt you won - I bet it's even more beautiful in person! The goodies you received from Sharon are wonderful, too! I think the koala is for sandwiches, or whatever your heart desires. :=)
Congratulations also on the blogaversary!!! I do agree that the blogging world is very special, and crafty people are the absolute best!!

julieQ said...

Gosh, what lovely hand-quilting! Congratulations on your milestone!

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Hi, do you kknow the best thing about your interrupted sleep at the moment-the fact you don't have to get up and go to work the next morning at the moment-there is always a silver lining. All the woolen work looks good, and well done on the deliveries, have fun with Mum (ask her if she got the Ashlee Simpson nose or hopefully not the Michael jackson, I am sure the fall story was just a ruse!!)and a happy easter, ...and happy blogiversary, I enjoy your reads so much!Tracey

Shar said...

Congratulations on your 100th post and one year anniversary wishing you many more!
Happy Stitching
Shar

Shelina said...

Happy Blogiversary and congratulations on your 100th post. I'm glad you are here. And glad I saw this before midnight!

Anonymous said...

so many lovely things ! love the bunny house ! I didn't get to do anything for Easter because we have a very sick cat at home and it blew all my energy away... didn't feel like in a "celebrating" mood...
100th post ? congratulations ! your blog is so pleasant to read like a nice book, I have never counted but certainly thought you had posted much more than I did !

I'm green that you didn't get MY envelope at Christmas time ;(!!! however i'll try as soon as there will be a good MCI out (the current one is not so good believe me !) -- isn't it great to get spoiled via the mail ?!!

sorry dont have any tip for you on the "mommy vs. toddler" front because honestly it's very far behind for me and I can't remember anything tiresome from back then... but i'm sure there were a few "battles" !
SierraMoon

Felicia said...

What a lot of fabulous things in this post. And those new fabrics to tempt you into making even more awesome projects :)

Greenmare said...

my goodness you have been busy dear, no wonder you mind is full of Swiss cheese. I seem to remember thinking that the potty thing was NEVER going to happen, but that particular child is now 25 and seems very well potty trained! ;-)

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Happy 100 posts and Happy Belated Blogversary! Love the Bunny House!

YankeeQuilter said...

Sounds like you have lots on your plate! Love the bunny house. Congrats on the blog-a-versary.